Saturday, May 24, 2008

Just Practicing

You are never too old to learn new tricks. Man, you should just see me at work! I have a very technical job, and my cube-neighbor and I are diggers...we try to figure out better ways and new features of some of the computer software we use for our analysis. When one of us figures out a new feature, we announce it to the world (much to the dismay of our fellow cubites), and we ask to go home since we've learned something new. Never works, though.

So this morning, as I was being lazy and not showering to get ready for the Farmers Market, I decided to check the ole email and read some blogs. One hour later (!!!) I am still here, but I HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING NEW! One of the things I have always wanted to do is strike out words in my blogger posts. But - the only menu items are for bold and italic. Bummer.

One of the blogs I was reading this morning had strike-through text, and I asked her how she did it. Being totaly into instant gratification, I was not content to wait for an answer, so I looked at her page source. What to my wondering eyes should I see but the HTML tag for strike-through! Well, duuuuh. If I could remember anything, I would have remembered this from HTML 101 many moons ago from The Day Job.

So here we go...let me try striking out this word: duuuuuuuh. Well, would you look at that! It works! New skill! Yay! Can I go home now? Er, wait a sec, I am home. In my jammies. Not showered yet. Gotta go shower and get my fanny to the Market and sell some cards!!! Enjoy this lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)