Saturday, January 19, 2008

Coffee Mug Challenge

More creative avoidance going on here ... I found this cool challenge on JanTink's blog and I decided I had to try it! You are supposed to take your favorite coffee mug and be inspired by it, make a card, then post the card and coffee mug and link to it in a comment on her blog. THIS I can do!

In my house, no one drinks out of a mug. Or a glass. If you sit down on the couch with anything wet in an open-top container your beverage container will be head-butted by the cat. Ask me how I know ... Therefore, all my coffee is consumed in travel mugs because they have tops and are quite discouraging to the average head-butter. I suppose they are still technically 'mugs', so I set the mug-o'the-day on my mostly-cleared crafting area to be inspired, and this is what came out:

Recipe: Stamps - none!; Paper - Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Basic Black, misc vellum; Ink - Tempting Turquoise; Other - Slit punch, Cuttlebug, misc bling, sponge dauber, White taffeta ribbon, misc brads, SU rub-on.

This is soooo outside my comfort zone, which I suppose is one of the purposes of a challenge, right? It started with just the Turquoise card base with the black strips, then I discovered this really cool vellum in my stash. Here is a close-up of the vellum and the rub-on:

Isn't that vellum very cool!? And this is the first SU rub-on I've used, and I love the look! The bling is just individual pieces of rhinestones I tore off of one of those cell-phone bling sheets.

By the way, this card totally counts as a Stash Dive challenge - the vellum, the brads, the bling - totally!

Off to go clean up so I have room for the eight ladies who plan to arrive here tomorrow morning for my annual Free-For-All. We just play with our stamps all day, and I am really looking forward to it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)