Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On The Road

I took off this week for a much-overdue visit to the MidWest to see my Family. As I planned my escape from the DC weather (Hazy, Hot & Humid), I pondered living through a whole week without stamping...Aaaaaaaugh!!! Especially after such a recent influx of new SU stuff to my tiny condo. I was in pain.

Then I had a brilliant idea! In a Good Demo moment, with my last order of must-haves from the Stampin' Up! catalog I had broken down and ordered a Kit. You know, those self-contained, everything-you-need-in-a-box kits for card-making. I thought - YAY! Just pack that puppy and you're all set! I threw in a pair of snips, and off I went!

I chose the Three Thoughts set because I loved the sentiments (yes, I am still mourning the loss of AYC 1 & 2...). Now that I have it in my hot little hands, I really love the sentiments! Actually I love the whole kit! Die-cut stamps, pre-cut and pre-scored cards, cool stickers and chip-board for embellishing... man, do I sound like a commercial for SU or what?!?!?

Up until today, I have been busy visiting and driving, which is a good thing; after all, Family is the most important thing ... just above stamping. ;-) But I had planned a down day, so this is it! I plan to break out the Kit and play this afternoon. If I get time, I'll rig up the camera and post my creations. If not, I'll tackle that when I return this weekend.

By the way, the weather in Michigan right now is a blessing compared to DC. It is very breezy and in the 70's, I think. Sweet! Also, I did give a short bow of reverence as I passed what I believe is Jan TInk's side of town...I-75 Northbound from Ohio into Michigan. I kept driving, though, past scenic Downtown Detroit (pronounced Day-Twa) to the Northern burbs where I am staying. It was a very solemn moment to think I was almost in her presence. I think I felt some vibes just being in the same STATE!!!!! I am humbled.

Off to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)