Friday, July 27, 2007

Kit samples

My road trip is finished, and I am back in home-body mode. I decided to unpack my Stampin' Up! Three Thoughts Simply Sent Kit and take photos of the cards I made while on the road.

But first, here is a card I made just before I left. I was doing a wrapping paper purge (you know, in a Good Mom moment when your kids sell wrapping paper as a fund raiser for school and they are too young to go door-to-door in the neighborhood - like 3 & 4 years old! - and you buy a LOT of paper to help them out and you do this for years and years...) and I found a bunch of really pretty tissue paper amongst all the wrapping paper...it was too pretty to give away!

This card is what came out of my attempt to justify putting the tissue paper in the small 'keep' pile. I broke out my new lower-case 't' stamp and my new Pretties Kit, too. I clear-embossed the 't' on Groovy Guava, then cut it out. I stamped the flourish from the Baroque Motifs set, but it got mostly covered up by the layers. I'd use it again, but move it out to the edges some so it shows!


Recipe (All but the tissue paper by Stampin' Up!): Stamps - Baroque Motifs, Artfully Asian; Card stock - Groovy Guava, Ballet Blue, Whisper White; Ink - Versamark, Groovy Guava; Accessories - Groovy Guava 'marker', Gold Cord, Pretties Kit; Misc tissue paper.

Next are the cards I made while on my road trip. All I had with me were the Three Thoughts Simply Sent Kit and some paper snips.

These first two were made following the samples and directions provided with the kit. I think they came out very nice! And they would be sooo easy for a beginning stamper, or someone who just wanted to make a bunch of quick cards.




The rest of these are the result of me playing with the provided materials. The kit also comes with some Whisper White card stock, but since I did not have my paper cutter with me, I did not use any, yet.









There are some materials left, so I'll use 'em up and publish the results some other time.

[Once again, I have failed to understand how Blogger aligns these things ....I gave up trying.]


Right now I need to break out more of my new stuff and start playing! I have an Open House and a series of workshops planned for early August, and not a clue in site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)